CPD Training Programme
Working with Addiction/Substance Use Disorder
What it is and how to work with it.
Saturday 14th November 2020, 10.00am-4.00pm Remotely via Zoom
Dee Johnson (Senior Accredited MBACP and Senior Accredited NCS)
This workshop will be aimed at counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health practitioners to help evaluate and enhance their practical working skills and knowledge.
Dee is a senior accredited MBACP & NCS and works as an Integrative therapist who specialises in in addiction (substance use disorders), eating disorders, self-harm, trauma and anxiety and depression. Dee is also a qualified supervisor, CPD trainer and Corporate motivational speaker within her private practice.
Dee provides therapy, supervision and training with an Addiction Rehab Hospital and has done so for over ten years.
Dee delivers training to agencies, charities and businesses on mental fitness and mental health issues and has also been interviewed on BBC radio to raise awareness of both mental health and addiction.
Dee is passionate about delivering, learning and sharing knowledge about mental health, mental wellbeing and mental fitness.
It is vital that as counsellors we are comfortable and aware of how to deal with these issues safely, effectively and with heightened or enhanced knowledge.
This topics covered in this workshop will take a closer look at defining and identifying ‘addiction’ to include what people can be addicted to, cross addiction (using the models recognized by NHS England and NI-ICD-10 and DSM-V clinical criteria.
- Exploring and understanding the addictive personality – how and from where this manifests.
- How to work therapeutically with addiction.
- Family effects: the greater impact emotionally and socially of addiction and how to work with this.
- The stages of change and brain function (neurotransmitters and genetics, etc).
- Dual diagnosis and misdiagnosis and how to work with this.
- Working with abstinence and learning about external support groups, such as smart recovery and 12 step programme.
- Safe and ethical practice for the counsellor when working with addiction.
This workshop is suitable for all theoretical styles and includes presentation and interactive group activities – no role play.
If you would like to reserve a place/places on Addiction/Substance Use Disorder (Dee Johnson)
Saturday 14th November 2020 (10.00am – 4.00pm) – via Zoom Link
Only £25 per place. Please make cheques payable to One to One Project. BACS details are available on request.
If you require any further information, please call (01553) 770770 or email email@example.com